HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Amihan Global Strategies, Phils., Inc. (AMIHAN) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy by collecting and processing the information we will collect from you (e.g. personal information, sensitive personal information) in accordance with applicable data privacy laws and regulations, including the Philippine Data Privacy Act of 2012 and its Implementing Rules and Regulations.
AMIHAN reserves the right to revise, alter, or amend this Privacy Statement to reflect new or recently promulgated legal requirements or company rules/practices on data handling. Any such changes will be posted on AMIHAN’s website and will be effective upon posting. This Privacy Statement is effective as of 22 May 2020.
Below are the personal information that AMIHAN may collect from you:
Information that will allow us to contact you, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone and mobile numbers;Information that will allow us to verify your identity, such as government-issued identification number and details, e.g. social security numbers, tax identification numbers, and passport details; and other personal information that will be necessary to assist us in providing our services to you.
Your personal information may be gathered when you contact us; engage our services; when you browse, use or contact us through our website and other online or social media platforms; or when you provide said personal information via other means or circumstances.
The personal information collected and manually/electronically typed, inputted, recorded, used, stored or processed, if applicable, are exclusively done for to carry-out, render, and provide the required and necessary services to our clients; to manage our business relationship with our clients and other organizations with which Amihan does business such as the processing of invoices, payments, billing, collection, accounting, auditing, and other support services; to secure and manage access to Amihan offices, systems, and online platforms; to comply with legal and regulatory requirements; for any other purpose related to the foregoing; or for the purpose/s for which you provided your personal information.
Your personal information may be disclosed to or shared with AMIHAN’s selected partners, affiliates strictly on a need-to-know basis vis-a-vis the purposes for which said information and access are given and with the objective to deliver efficient and effective services. We do not share personal information with any other third party, unless necessary to the services we provide or when you give consent to the transfer or sharing of your personal information. In the case of the same, the transfer of your personal information will be done in accordance with applicable Privacy Laws. In such an eventuality, you will be notified of such transfer/sharing and Amihan will take appropriate safeguards to ensure the protection and integrity of said personal information.
Your personal information will be deleted if it is no longer reasonably required for the purposes cited above or when you withdraw your consent (if applicable), provided that we are not legally required to maintain custody of the same. As such, we may continue to retain and assert legal claims to maintain your personal information/data for such an additional period or time necessary in compliance with and in accordance with government regulations on the retention of information/documentation.
We ensure that appropriate and necessary physical, administrative, technical and organizational safety measures and safety nets are in place to secure, to ward-off and protect against any unauthorized access, use, disclosure or unlawful processing of your personal information/data, including against damage, accidental loss, destruction of the same.
Access to your personal information/data is limited to the personnel, staff, representatives assigned to handle your concerns, your account or to provide the required services in furtherance of the performance of their functions.
Data subjects such as the Clients have the following rights over said personal information:
1) The right to be informed if your personal data shall be, are being, or have been processed, including whether automated decision-making and profiling will be involved in the processing.
2) The right to object to the processing of your personal data, including processing for direct marketing, automated processing, or profiling.
3) The right to reasonable access to the following, upon demand:
i. contents of your personal data that was processed;
ii. sources from which personal data was obtained;
iii. names and addresses of recipients of the personal data;
iv. the manner by which such data was processed;
v. reasons for the disclosure of the personal data to recipients, if any;
vi. information on automated processes where your personal data will, or is likely to, be made as to the sole basis for any decision that significantly affects or will affect you;
vii. date when your personal data was last accessed and modified; and
viii. the designation, name or identity, and address of the personal information controller.
4) Right to Rectification — You have the right to dispute the inaccuracy or error in your personal data unless the request is vexatious or otherwise unreasonable.
5) Right to Erasure or Blocking — You have the right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal, or destruction of your personal information from our filing system, under the circumstances allowed under Data Privacy Laws.
6) Right to Damages — You have the right to be indemnified for any damages sustained due to such inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, or unauthorized use of your personal data.
7) Right to Portability — You have the right to obtain a copy of such your personal data in an electronic or structured format, which is commonly used and allows for your further use, in case your personal data was processed through electronic means and in a structured and commonly used format.
If you have any further questions, comments or concerns about how we handle your personal information, then you may contact us at (02)7504-3404 or email us at [email protected].